How to give eye drops?
- Wash your hands well.
- If necessary, remove secretions with cotton and physiological solution.
- Tilt your head back.
- Hold the lower eyelid down but look up.
- Administer a drop or an ointment into the lower fornix of the conjunctiva.
- IMPORTANT – after putting a drop, close your eye for about 60 seconds and at the same time press on the inner corner of your eye to prevent drops from coming out.
- Respect an interval of at least 30 minutes between the different eye drops.
- In case of doubt about the penetration of a drop into the conjunctiva, give a second drop.
- Keep medications out of the reach of children.
Save the environment.
Used or unfinished and expired eye drops as well as other unused medicines should always be placed in a special container for used medicines, available at all pharmacies.
Do not throw the medication in the trash.
Eye specialist doctor FMH
Eye surgeon FMH
Fellow European Board of Ophthalmology
Chemin des Colombettes 12
1202 Geneva, Switzerland
Tel. +41 (0) 22 733 64 46
Fax. +41 (0) 22 733 64 56
8:30 – 18:00
14:00 – 18:30
8:30 – 13:30
8:30 – 13:00
Visits by appointment only